Monday, January 14, 2008

More Antiquity

Since I'd started work on prehistory, I skipped over early prehistory and went to middle prehistory. Addition of Indonesia pushed India into Asia and China into Oriental peoples. These are most likely not where human societies originated, so I will need more work here.
In late prehistory, addition of Brazil pushed Indonesia into Asia and India into South Asian peoples. This still isn't a very broad perspective, but it is a start.

When I got to antiquity, I took a look through the sites world history links to and made a bunch of links that antiquity can link to. There is a fair amount of information on those sites that's going to take a while to digest, but it does provide some raw material to look at.

In the 5th millennium BC, I added connections to material culture and to government and to social structure and change. Addition of Pakistan pushed Brazil Into American Indian peoples, which pushed the United States into North American Indians, which is not yet much developed.

In the 4th millennium BC, I continued the additions to material culture, government, and social structure and change. Addition of Bangladesh pushed Pakistan into Asiatic peoples, which pushed Indonesia into Southeast Asian peoples. That gives Asia three major divisions, and I'm still woefully ignorant on southeast Asia.

In the 3rd millennium BC, the rise of bronze age civilization and literacy along with it gives so much weight to material culture that I had to link to conceptual and behavioral culture as well, in addition to the government and social structure and change links. Addition of Russia pushed Bangladesh into Asiatic peoples, and Pakistan, along with India, into South Asia. This starts to focus a little more on the Harappan civilization of the Indus Valley.

In the 2nd millennium BC, all three areas of culture had to be connected, and I added government, and linked specific religions. Addition of Nigeria pushed Russia into Western Civilization, and I would like to take a better look at the Indo-european expansion.

In the early first millennium, again all three major areas of culture needed to be connected, and I added links to government and to specific religions. Addition of Japan pushed Nigeria into African peoples, which now have a better link to antiquity.

No comments: