Thursday, March 26, 2009

Latest progress

The need-driven approach is starting to produce more results than just turning the base upside down. At present, I am going through the links of history to various nations and peoples. In prehistory, I am at present emphasizing links to the social institutions. For antiquity, I am just about to review the links, to see which ones I want to emphasize for this period. For the classical and medieval period, I am linking to the stocial institutions. I've been going through the links from modern history rather rapidly, and right now, I'm working through the various peoples of the world. There hasn't been much demand for studies of the future.

The sociology section has been getting quite a bit of demand, so I have been revisiting quite a few of these links, and I'm currently reviewing applications of anthropology. Peoples are also in demand, and there I'm reviewing links to culture. There hasn't been much demand for particular nations; this will probably come later. For Western Civilization, I am reviewing links to the social institutions. Anglic peoples and Latin peoples have been most heavily demanded, with Germanic and Northeast Europan lagging somewhat. I am also close to a signficant review of Asiatic peoples, and the Middle East is notably important. Links to communities and social structure and change have not yet resulted in heavy demand for these subjects.

The Institutions section has been had some demand, and I am at present working through peoples of the world. Religion is coming close to a substantial review. Government isn't far away, and neither is economics. Education and families will take a little longer.

I have recently done a significant review of how to develop the Culture section, and the connections to history are still missing pieces out of the middle. Behavioral and material culture are growing substantially, and I recently did an expansion of conceptual culture

Anthropolog is going slowly, but I am starting to review its history. The human geography section has been demanded more heavily than usual, and here is where I actually have a couple of new pages, in European geography. Personal studies and science are also being developed.

When I started going through the links from history, I started taking notes on what sections were being inverted, revised, linked, or created. So far, the most progress has been within sociology, with institutions and culture roughly tied for second place. There isn't quite yet enough new material to publish the latest version to the web: I'm planning that for when I have gone through the links from history.

No comments: