Tuesday, January 17, 2006

History

Once again I'm not certain whether to employ a history-down or science-up approach, and once again I've flip-floppled. So, now it's History.

Rather than attempt to summarize the introduction to history, I am including the connections to important "leading edge" topics which will be useful to history. Not all of the subjects mentioned here are useful in antiquity, or in classical and medieval history, but are examined because they are useful in modern history. However, related subjects will be examined, which will provide clues to which areas will be considered "leading edge" in the next round of studies.
I am working toward my present local region, the Northern United States. This is also tied to Western Cities. I'm also looking at particular changes, especially those associated with the Industrial revolution.
In connection with religion, I'm going to put Mormonism in first place, International governments, particular companies such as Wal-Mart, Higher education, and particular families.
Also at the fringes of historical exploration, there are ritual and ceremonial objects, warfare, and philosophical schools and doctrines. Particular groups will be useful. There are are too many inviduals to summarize here, but thuse represent an imprtant part of historical study. Science is rather less significant to history.

For studies of antiquity, (3000 BC to 500 BC), I need to work back from the 5th century BC, since most of the peoples and cities of modern times don't date that far back. I' will be looking at adoption of agriculture and the spread of civiliation as a major social change. I'll also be looking at Judaism, national governments, economic systems, and secondary education,.

For studies of classical and medieval times, I will want to work back from the 16th century, and at British people to start with, and at western communities and the process of westernization. This connects to Roman Catholicism, national governmnet, economic systems, higher education, and particular families.

No comments: