Monday, January 23, 2006

Peoples

Peoples of the world are a little easier to grasp than the general area called sociology. There isn't enough detail yet in my studies of prehistory and antiquity to identify the most important ones. In the classical and medieval period, As a skeleton I have Roman civilization in the late classical period, Byzantine and early Islamic peoples in the early medieval period, and the late or high medieval period in the west, but my knowledge of corresponding non-Western peoples is rather sketchy. The modern history of the major peoples can be followed century by century, and I also have connections to what I loosely call the Vietnam era (1961-1980) and the end of the Cold War (1981-2006) I have place for the major divisions of Western, Asiatic, African, and Native American peoples. I can give more color and detail to these studies by considering the largest cities of each of these major peoples, although this is still in the early stages. I can also consider the major social changes, types of societies, and structure of society. Each of these can be examined from the point of view of particular religions, particular governments, companies, particular schools, and families. I am also making room for behavioral culture including major events, conceptual and material culture, and Anthropology including particular groups and human geography, personal studies including biographies, and science in general.

No comments: