Friday, May 15, 2009

Peoples

Instead of going all the way through the nations, a project that takes a considerable length of time, I decided to just go and hit the high points of the major peoples. What I noticed this time through is that I'm doing a lot of interconnecting; adding new nations, sorting them into subgroups, and providing links to the subgroups if they aren't already there. This is often a supremely boring task to do over and over, so I try to break it up into pieces.
Yet, most sections of the knowledge base that I work on are hung up in just about this same area. It's hardly a wonder that I have a hard time getting to the nitty gritty of social analysis, or to the broad themes of religion, government, and economics, not to mention culture. I got through a round of these and I'm taking another look at history next.

No comments: